[pct-l] Why Hike?

Despite the heaviness regarding our recent SOS message to all of you PCT
family members, I want to continue this vein of discussion.

Why Hike?

Which of the following best typifies your motivations?

Escape, Adventure, Achievement, Solitude, Solace, Fun/Pleasure, the need  for
personal space, Romance, Spiritual Connection, Self Discovery, the need for
Awe in life, the thrill of intimacy with "nature,"  the desire for a simple
kind of life, ect., etc., you  tell me.

Why do you find yourself yearning at work for your next hike?

mtnned