[pct-l] fire update

Are you sure it was an alcohol stove?

All I know about this is what's been posted on PCT-L,
and I don't remember any mention of what kind of stove
it was.  If he's done the AT twice, yeah he probably
had an alcohol stove, but then again maybe not.

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

"Eric Lee (GAMES)" <elee@microsoft.com> wrote:
Iron Chef wrote:

He had a cleared area for his stove, but
spilled the fuel which caught his jacket, pack & tent
on fire.

Another strike against the safety of alcohol stoves in dry/windy
conditions, sadly. With such a light and leaky container for the fuel,
if it gets blown over it just becomes a rolling fireball. I love my
alcohol stove, but I'll seriously consider packing a canister stove in
those kinds of conditions.

Eric