From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Eric Lee (GAMES)
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:25 PM
To: Matt Geis; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [pct-l] fire update

Iron Chef wrote:

He had a cleared area for his stove, but spilled the fuel which caught his
jacket, pack & tent on fire.

Another strike against the safety of alcohol stoves in dry/windy conditions,
sadly.  With such a light and leaky container for the fuel, if it gets blown
over it just becomes a rolling fireball.  I love my alcohol stove, but I'll
seriously consider packing a canister stove in those kinds of conditions.

Eric