[pct-l] Compass use help needed for the N. Cascades

Friends,
	I'll be attempting my first long distance hike on the PCT in late June......from Snoqualamie Pass north to the end.  Several posts have mentioned needing a compass for that portion of the trail.  I
have a compass but other than figuring out which way is North, South, East and West, I don't really know how to use a cmpass and a map to find my way, especially if I get lost.  How does one learn
this skill?  Is there an article on the subject or a chapter in a book  or some "tricks of the trade" I should know about?  Can any of you veterans help out?

											Thanks,
										Geoffrey (Philadelphia)