[pct-l] Nice Gear Sale, Etc.

FYI: Mountain Gear is having a warehouse sale with some good prices.  Go to
www.mountaingear.com I saw some really light and/or high quality stuff at very
good prices.

For your hiking trips don't forget Backpacker cigars (Synder long salted
pretzels).  I carry mine in a Lay's chip plastic container (blue with the yellow
lids, 2 oz. empty and they are water/bug proof) on my belly pack belt.  The
other Lays container I carry cheese chips.  Also, I put some Saran wrap over the
container top and then put on the lid.  This gives you an almost air tight
seal.  Very nice.  My container holders are a couple of Ultimate Direction nylon
water bottle holders that slip easily on my belly pack belt.

FYI: Also, if any of you were checking out the Sierra Designs 360 degree
views Mach 1 solo tent, you might get confused about its setup.  Some pictures
show the SD Swift Clips setup for the tent poles and other pictures show a
continuous sleeve setup for the poles.  The continuous sleeve is correct.  SD told
me that they had some early proto types using the Swift Clips, but then decided
the continuous sleeve was stronger and better.  I was a little confused when
I got mine.  Great tent.

Sorry to bother you with all this miscellaneous info.  Cheers, Switchback