[pct-l] RE: trail libations revisited

In 2002, I enjoyed a cold Newcastle from the cache on
the way to Green Valley.

I was surprised to find that the more I hiked and the
more weight I lost, the more I found myself
gravitating toward lighter beers (budweiser, etc.).
Normally I prefer a strong, hoppy IPA, stout, or
porter, but as my alcolhol tolerance plummeted (and my
ability to appreciate the stronger tastes of really
flavorful beers), the cheaper, lighter ones suited me
better.

Anyone else have this experience?

Also, I'd spend hours on-trail fantasizing about what
food I would eat in town, what flavor ice cream I'd
search out, and of course, what libation I'd consume
to celebrate my arrival.  Upon making it to town, I
was frequently overwhelmed with choices, to the point
that I couldn't really make up my mind, and found I
didn't really want that scotch all that badly to begin
with.  Maybe it was just the anticipation.

Note:  This NEVER happened with ice cream.  I was
always able to consume more than my fair share of that.