From: "Umstead Tim-MGI1984" <tumstead@motorola.com>
To: "PCT List" <PCT-L@backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 10:39 AM
Subject: [pct-l] Re: does your honey hike too?

> When I meet my wife she had never really hiked.  In '85 we went on our
first backpacking trip.  By '87 we did the JMT our fist time, since then we
have done it five more times.  In '96 we thru-hiked the PCT.  Now we average
26-27 miles a day, peaking into the low 30's.  Although our hiking has
slowed down a lot now that we have a three year old.  Last summer we only
averaged 21 miles a day.

> Let me tell you, it is great to be able to thru-hike with our spouse and
share those memories of the trail with someone close to you.  Neither of us
can imagine hiking apart.