[pct-l] thigh rash!

I followed Jardine's advice and used the spandex/nylon running
short/tights for a couple years.  Because they are nylon they didn't
breathe, and made the rash situation worse than better.  I sweat nonstop
for the first couple weeks before my body adjusts to the trail and
learns to conserve water.  I wear nylon shorts with a mesh brief that I
RINSE OUT AT LEAST ONCE A DAY.  This is so important.  I wash out the
brief part every time I stop at water.  I also make a point of rinsing
the nether regions at least once a day, or more often if it's hot.
Also, I like my shorts really baggie, and had to wear a smaller size
than I do at home.  The mesh briefs have to be fairly snug.

I don't have much of a problem with my thighs rubbing together as much
as the creases in the netherlands getting rashy.  Clean shorts and
rinsing at least once a day helps.  The other is bathing once a day.  At
52 I'm much more prone to rash in the creases than when I was 32.  Aging
skin.

Finally, the woman I hike with (not Jane) uses those little handiwipes.
She brings the plastic bin full of them.  I buy them in little
individual packets and use one at noon, and another at bedtime.  I wipe
my face and hands, then my inner thighs and then the netherregions.
Onerous duty, but necessary.

The used handiwipe and foil packet go in the garbage baggie...

Jeff Olson
Laramie WY