[pct-l] crocs

>>As to the style factor, I find them just as
attractive >>as a pair of
>.Birkenstocks. Besides, when you're stinky and
covered >>in dirt and
>>nobody wants to sleep with you, does it really
matter >>what your feet
>>look like?

I think crocs will be joked about 20 yrs from now they
we joke about jelly shoes from the 1980s today. :)
BTW, I have yet to see Birks in lime yellow!

But you are right, it is not fashion that counts out
on the trail. What DOES count is weight and bulk (as
Brett pointed out).  At 6oz and being bulky, I'll
pass. Hiking in sneakers, find I don't need camp shoes
anymore, even for stream fording.  If you want camp
shoes,  Why not try the DIY Camp Shoes? Not bulky,
light, and CHEAP !

As always YMMV (and foot choice) may vary.

PS. Someone mentioned the medical clogs they used.
Found this on a website. Just as I remembered the docs
and nurses using 10+ yrs ago:
http://www.allheart.com/plogs.html

The ventilated ones, a style 20+ yrs old according to
the website, won't be out until Apr 2005.  They also
look to be more expensive than the crocs/waldies that
seem to be inspired by this shoe.

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com