[pct-l] San Jacinto

Depends--- Yes there will likely be snow and ice on San Jack through the end of April.  Often very passable and highly traveled especially from the Tram so you should not have much difficulty.  JT is also very nice but a very different and the wild flowers might be blooming there.  In JT there is just one 40 mile trail the rest is accessible by car.

Duane

Wayne Kraft <waynekraft@verizon.net> wrote:
Well, looks like the family has decided to spend my hard earned cash on a spring break trip to Palm Springs. There will be lots to do visiting friends and chaperoning "teen age stuff" but I hope to get away for one nignt in the mountains. Anyone got the inside line on what I would be likely to encounter at 9000' in the San Jacinto Wilderness in late March? Is the climb up San J. peak likely to be snow bound? I am thinking of hiking from the top of the tram. Would Joshua Tree be a better option in late March ya think? Any comments welcome.

Wayne Kraft