[pct-l] San Jacinto

Well, looks like the family has decided to spend my hard earned cash on a spring break trip to Palm Springs.  There will be lots to do visiting friends and chaperoning "teen age stuff" but I hope to get away for one nignt in the mountains.  Anyone got the inside line on what I would be likely to encounter at 9000' in the San Jacinto Wilderness in late March?  Is the climb up San J. peak likely to be snow bound? I am thinking of hiking from the top of the tram.  Would Joshua Tree be a better option in late March ya think? Any comments welcome.

Wayne Kraft