[pct-l] clothes

> A windshell is definitely worth it's weight, I reccomend the Montane
> featherlite smock (3.5oz, $59.95).

I totally agree that an unlined windshirt is worth more than it's
weight in gold.  http://basegear.com/rainwear.html has the featherlite
for $49.95 which is a good windshirt though you have to be careful not
to jam the zipper.

> I wouldn't replace a fleece with a windshell

The question was about replacing a fleece with a marmot driclim
windshirt which has a lining in it.  I have found the driclim
windshirt to be as warm as a fleece when worn by itself, but not as
warm as an equiv weight fleece when I have a shell to protect against
the wind.  Personally, I like my windshirt to be unlined because I can
use it in a wider range of conditions... I overheat hiking in the
driclim until is nearly down to freezing, were I can use my unlined
wildshirt when it's in the 50s F to shed drizzle, slow flashoff, etc.

>  I plan on using a Montbell UL down
> jacket (7.4 oz, $129) in conjunction with my shell.  They claim that it is
> warmer than a heavy fleece.

I prefer the synthetic thermawrap or the mec northernlite pullover...
but the ul down jacket is a fne piece.  You will def find it warmer
than a 200wt fleece.  Depending on a number of variable you may find
it warmer than a 300wt fleece.

--mark