[pct-l] ski poles as trekking poles?

I'm sure that ski poles would work fine as trekking poles.  And for a dollar
they would be worth it it if you decide that they are beneficial.  One
caveat:  When I'm using trekking poles I often find times when I prefer to
hike without them, perhaps because I need my hands free for something.
Unmodified ski poles would be hard to carry on your back.  However, I have
heard of people cutting them into sections and using some sort of metal
collar to reassemble them when needed.  I wish I could give you more details
of how this might work.  But, for a dollar a pair you could probably afford
to experiment.
Peace and Love,
Matt