[pct-l] ski poles as trekking poles?

Hi Josh
My first treking poles were ski poles someone loaned to me.  Worked great.
Bought treking poles.  I just gave away a pair I was saving for someone who
needed them for treking poles.
One difference?  Treking pole tips hold on to rock surfaces much better.
Much safer to put your weight on hiking over rocks.
If it's only a buck??  Practice hikes???
Ski poles are good, but the treking pole tips make a huge difference.