[pct-l] Real Bear Trouble in '04 -- Attacks and Raids

In 2002, just minutes ahead of me, Montana Max heard
loud grunting in the bushes along the trail.  As he
rounded a turn, he surprised two bears, a male and a
female, enjoying their morning.

You might ask, "How did Max know that one was male and
the other was female?"  Or you might not.  Both bears,
surprised, immediately ran off.  The female never did
stop.  The male stopped about fifty yards off, then
turned to glare.  Wouldn't you?  I told Max that we
had nothing to worry about from the male - he just
wanted Max and I to move on so that he could carry on
as before.  And sure enough, he ran off as we passed.

Larry H