[pct-l] JMT

Hi all,
I am planning to hike the JMT September 4th-18th. ( I wish I Could spend more time on trail.)
I have a couple questions for you lucky thru hikers.

1.)  I have 3 weeks to spend on trail and this should give me time to hike the JMT,explore and take plenty of photos.
Does anybody suggest any side trips off the JMT I have plenty of off trail experence and plan to carry the full 3 weeks of food to give me the most time on trail.  My pack weight goal is 35 lbs.I hope all the food will fit in a Bear Vault!  I want to stay under 15 miles a day

2.)  I plan to fly in to Reno and take the shuttle.  What is the best way to get  from Yosemite back to the shuttle or Reno? Because I will be starting Labor Day weekend I plan to start at Mt. Whitney

Just some notes on myself.  It might help giving suggestions.

I started backpacking in the late 70's and just the past couple years have gone almost Ultra Light.  I could be Ultra Light but I have a B.F.A. in photography that adds extra weight.  Because of this I plan to bring a pinhole camera and tripod with lots of film.  Also my goal is to find out how many weeks I can spend on trail.  I have done several 2 week trips with out resupply.  The reason is the more food I can carry the more remote places I can reach

Some of my favorite places I have been backpacking:

Brooks Range:  Gates of the Arctic
Lots of trips to Winds
Grand Canyon and southern Utah
Border Route Trail (Northern Mn.)