From: Trekker4@aol.com [mailto:Trekker4@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:51 AM
To: Mike Saenz; pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] High Spot Campsites (was:Regarding Fobes Saddle)

In a message dated 2/9/05 11:10:10 A.M. Central Standard Time,
msaenz@mve-architects.com writes:

	We spent the day
	crossing the valley and found this "dark and creepy" depression
under a
	dense thicket of cottonwoods right next to the creek. The area
was a
	natural campsite!

Be careful about camping under Cottonwoods. They are a dangerous tree;
they're brittle; and small and large branches fall off for no reason
sometimes. They're especially dangerous in wind or wind gusts.
Bob
Big Bend Desert Denizen
(Naturalized Citizen, Republic of Texas)