[pct-l] RE: Section C section hikesFawnskin

The snow is pretty deep in BB esp on North facing slopes ---- and the section you are talking about Starts out with SE slopes and then goes to predominately North Facing.  I was on the otherside of the Lake last week and the Snow level was just above 7K and it looked like on the south side it was at 8k and patchy BUT Holcomb valley is notorious for being a bit colder and keeping the snow longest.  So in conclusion it will be PATCHY ----- and naviagtion skills will be needed ---- but a very swell hike!

BTW they are calling for a warm/snow rain this weekend!  So it will change dramatically.

Duane

Mike Saenz <msaenz@mve-architects.com> wrote:

I'd imagine the PCT from 18 to Fawnskin is clear enough to hike.
Someone with first-sight verification can chime in here.

Bill- You're WAY ahead of me! Unless you cool your jets, I doubt I'll be
on your heels anytime soon.
Short term goal is to simply catch up to Mindreader. Even shorter term
goal is to just get back on to The Trail!

Gotta start planning my hikes around katabatic zones to cool my oilcans
in....

M i c h a e l S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e P l a n n i n g I n t e r i o r s
w w w . m v e - a r c h i t e c t s . c o m