[pct-l] Which book?

Two comments:

1. Regarding item 4 below: it's true that other hikers
will have and share "information". But you have to be
careful because you will meet people dispensing
"information" with a tone of authority that it would
seem that they had direct experience of this
"information".  If you ask a few questions though, you
will find that many people will then qualify their
comments with "I heard.." or "So and so said..."
Don't assume what you hear is true just because the
hiker you meet wants to be an authority on everything.

2. As for Maury's original post,  it seems to me that
if you have resupply info and the info for "not
getting lost" there is not much adventure left.  I
suppose a sudden snowstorm,  the crazy people you meet
on the trail and the even crazier people who may give
you rides will provide some adventure.

I would say go with the 3 PCT guide/map books.  You'll
get the general info on where the resupply towns are
without getting all the details (available in Yogi's
guide) about where a store is, what it has, etc.  Plus
I didn't think the science info available in those 3
books detracted from the adventure at all. The maps in
the 3 books will be sufficient.

If you've ever travelled with a Lonely Planet or other
travel guide and didn't like how everbody ends up at
the same hotels and restaurants you probably don't
want Yogi's guide.  I am not trying to be negative
here but that's exactly what I was thinking when I saw
it.

Jeff