[pct-l] snow in april?

Suge,

Sorry, but late Spring storms; ones that significantly alter the snow
meltoff, are not common but historically only occur about 20% of the time.

The meltoff date is primarily influenced by two factors; 1) amount of snow
that has fallen and remained up to April 1, and 2) amount of sun, heat, energy
density in the early Spring days.  Occasionally, a late Spring storm comes in
and screws up everything regardless of these other two primary driving factors
(all of this is gross generalities derived from 30 years of historical snow
survey data).

You're right though, it is way too early to make any predictions.   By March
1, we may have a clue.  By April 1, we should have a good idea.  By May 1, we
should have a clear picture.

Strider

In a message dated 2/7/2005 6:56:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,