From: "yogi"

Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 12:14 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Re: What do use to carry your 2 gallons per day of
waterinthe desert? Marzipan

There's LOTS of waterless stretches over 16 miles.

A quick glance in my BRAND NEW data book shows 13 waterless stretches
in SoCal which are longer than 16 miles.

In 2001, I carried 8 liters of water a handful of times. In 2002 and 2003,
a full
load was usually 6-7 liters.

I had to chuckle when I saw on Page 9 the "Elevation Profile for Entire
Pacific
Coast Trail from Mexico to Canada."

The Pacific COAST Trail. I always tease my Mom for saying "coast" instead
of "crest". I guess she was right all along! :) :) :)

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com

Monty Tam wrote:
Does anyone know of a stretch longer than 16 miles without water?

2 Platypus or is that Platypi
2 liter soda pop bottle
20 oz gatorade bottle
(at very most for me)