[pct-l] Palmdale to Mojave/Tehachapi Pass

Hey

I took a Greyhound to Mojave from LA. At Mojave they have a local  bus going
to Bakersfield. I believe it was either the Blue or Green Line. The  bus
driver dropped me of were the trail cross the Hwy. at Tehachapi Pass.  The bus was
waiting across the street from MacDonalds which is the Greyhound  stop. The
bus driver waited until I grabbed a couple of hamburgers before I  jumped on
the bus. It was like bang, bang

Lonetrail

Hitchhiking is one of those things of serendipity that are hard  to  predict.

That being said, Highway 14 from Palmdale to  Mojave is a Freeway  ... which
means no hitchhiking ON it.  You  may have seen the recent  plethora of posts
about that.   However, the on ramps are fair game and it  is a very well
traveled
road.  If you put yourself on one of the main on  ramps, and  unlike me --
whom, I think projects an image of Charles Manson   meets Santa Claus - look
reasonably wholesome and semi-pathetic,  you  should be able to get to Mojave
and
beyond without too much  trouble.

"No Way" Ray   Echols