[pct-l] Sleeping Bags For Sale

I have two 20-degree down MUMMY sleeping bags for
sale, which I will describe in detail below.  If
anyone is interested, I also have photos of each one.
It would be a good way to get a good bag at half the
cost of a new one.....both of these have served me
well on thru-hikes of the AT and PCT.

I am climbing Mt. Rainier later this year and have
decided to "trade in" these two 20-deg bags for one
0-deg bag.

1.  $120 -- Mountain Hardware Tallac 20-degree,
Regular length, 700 Fill Down, 3lbs 1oz, baffle, hood
with cinch, zippered convenience pocket, left side
full length zipper, comes with mesh storage bag.

This bag performed well on my PCT thru-hike.  I just
had it cleaned professionally and it carries no odor
(I always slept in long pants and long sleeves to keep
it clean).  My experience is that 20 degrees is its
bottom limit....the coldest night I've spent in it is
15 degrees and I was slightly cold all night.  At 20
degrees, it seems fine, but you have to cinch it down
tight.  It has extra down at the foot box.  Always
stored correctly; never stuffed in a compression sack.

2.  $50 -- The North Face Blue Kazoo, 20-degree,
Regular length, 500 Fill Down, 2lbs 8oz, baffle, hood
with cinch, full length zipper on left side, comes
with cotton storage bag.

This bag performed well on my AT thru-hike, except in
northern Maine in late fall (I added a fleece liner to
it and the combo worked really well up north).  I
think it is more properly rated at 30 degrees, instead
of 20 (but I sleep cold).  It would be a good summer
bag, too.  I had it cleaned professionally and it
carries no odor (I slept in a silk liner in this bag
most of the time to keep it clean).  Always stored
correctly; never stuffed in a compression sack.

Nocona