[pct-l] Re: Fwd: Wanderlust Gear

> The Squall works well in most conditions with the exception of high
> winds. It's not wind worthy but nor is the Squall. This is obvious.
> In high winds I prefer a bivy or something with a floor, but for most
> of the PCT the Squall would be just fine.

I am curious what your definition of "high winds".  Earlier this year
I measured (using a Brunton ADC) wind speeds of 45mph.  The squall did
fine.  I experienced very slight deflection once I pitched the
tarptent a bit lower to the ground than what I normally do.  This was
without using side tieouts. The only problem I had was stakes pulling
up,

--Mark