[pct-l] hiking sandals (and socks?)

Hi everyone, I've been on the list a few weeks now, hopeful PCT '05
(first time on a long trail)...

I'm very excited about the possibility of hiking in sandals.  I've read
a little here and there about there, but nowhere have I heard addressed
the issue of hiking in the rain in sandals.  Wearing snythetic liners,
would chafing be an issue with sandals?  Howabout cold feet?  Does
anyone have experience with this?

Also, I'm only aware of two brands of hiking sandals right now: the
ubiqitous Teva, and Bite.  What other options exist, and are there any
great sandals for wide feet?

blake

(trail name TBD)