[pct-l] continuing the photo question

On Oct 15, 2004, at 2:13 PM, Jeff Moorehead wrote:
> better  yet, if a portable CD burner is too costly, spend the money in
> a few wxtra high-capacity cards and send those home to be read into a
> computer. Then your mom (or whoever) can mail them back afer they've
> been downloaded and saved. You'll need a good card reader, but those
> are no more than 20 bucks these days. The high cost of memoery cards
> is falling to earth, too. I've thought about your question and this is
> my solution...

This is a reasonable solution if you have someone who can turn-around
the memory cards quickly.  It does introduce some logistical problems
as you have to figure out where the cards should be sent back to you
and that can be difficult to figure out 10-14 days ahead of time.  A
couple extra memory cards is generally the solution to this problem and
the lower costs helps in this regard.