[pct-l] continuing the photo question

On Oct 15, 2004, at 12:59 PM, Chris Willett wrote:
> I wouls suspect that the only towns in which this would be viable
> would be around Agua Dulce (again, with the Saufley's help) and in
> South Lake Tahoe.  Possibly Ashland.  A lot of thruhikers this year
> went into Portland, and you could certainly do it there.

Some other towns that might work:
	Big Bear
	Mammoth Lakes
	Quincy
	Burney
	anywhere with a Wal-mart

I bounced a CD-burner (Roadster:
http://www.macaddict.com/issues/0405/rev.roadstor.html) along the trail
this year as did Wildflower and Packman.  The cost of bouncing it is
the main issue as well as making sure you have a place to plug it in.
You'll also have to bounce a collection of blank CD's for burning.

If you don't go into Sisters in Oregon then you probably have to have
enough memory cards for your camera to get from Ashland to Cascade
Locks.  Similarly for Washington, you would have to bounce the burner
to Snoqualime. There are several areas on the PCT where it is almost
effortless to take 100 pictures per *day* never mind 100 per week. In
any case I would recommend carrying several memory cards instead of one
huge memory card.