[pct-l] san diego / southern california trip

Hello all;

I can say this is on topic because it's a gear test / training
excersice for my thru hike in 05. :-)

I'm trying to find something in Southern California, the closer to San
Diego the better, that's suitable for backpacking and has flowing
water for a bit of fishing. I was thinking the Kern River way up in
Kennedy Meadows, but I'd rather minimize the drive if at all possible.
I was thinking Big Laguna Lake, but I think with it being so dry that
there probably isn't much left there.

Eric

--
http://www.radpin.com