[pct-l] (no subject)

Jacob - that's a fairly wode-open question.  The farthest east that I
have hiked in Arkansas, so I can't be much help.  I can tell you that
the PCT is very different than the AT.  The PCT has desert, high
mountains requiring mountaineering skills, lush dense pine forest
verging on rain-forest, volcanic lava beds, etc.  I am sure that the AT
has alot of diversity as well, but its different sorts of terrain,
that's for sure.

Also, the PCT doesn't have any hiker's huts and the trail towns are
further apart.

That's all I know in comparison of the two and most of that is gleaned
from reading since I have never been on the AT.

There are three guide books for the PCT: California section, oregon
section, and washington section.  A search on amazon.com for "pacific
crest trail" will no doubt guide you right to them.

If you are serious about thru-hiking the PCT, I highly recomend Ray
Jardine's out of print book: The PCT Hiker's Handbook.  It can still be
found on amazon being sold by 3rd party sellers.

good luck.

peace,
dude