[pct-l] Fwd: detour in Oregon

Yep, I got a good laugh out of that one too, except I hope the driver wasn't
hurt going into the dirt!

In '77 we had to walk many logging roads in Nth Calif. and every once in a
while we had to jump out of the way of a logging truck barreling down the road
at 60 mph or so with a tornado of dust and the noise of a train going by.
Every one was a heart attack for us novice thru-hikers.  I remember then of
wondering if the trail would ever to located where this would never happen again.
PCT hikers are lucky to have the PCTA picking up pieces of land and routing
the trail to safer environs over the years.

Best regards,

Greg Hummel
"Strider" '77

"You cannot travel the path until you have become the path."
                  Guatama Buddha (563-483 B.C.E.)

In a message dated 7/28/2004 1:30:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,