[pct-l] Live Oak Springs B6

In a message dated 6/10/2004 11:01:39 AM Pacific Standard Time,
shr90602@yahoo.com writes:

Hi,  everyone, I am planning an overnight on the PCT
stopping near Live Oak  Springs in B6 zone for the
night (about 8 miles for hwy 74).  I  checked Asabat's
water report and it says that the spring is  flowing
nicely, but the report is a little old.  I was
wondering if  anyone knows if this is a 12 month
spring? I plan to use it to re-water  myself if it is a
12 month spring.  Thank you very  much

I've camped there several time over the years, mostly in the spring/early
summer, but never in July/August. Each time I camped there, water was gushing
12-18 inches from the end of a 2.5-3.0 inch pipe (driven into the hillside to
access the spring).

I think your chance of finding water there is VERY GOOD, based on my
experiences in the past. You might want to take an exploratory day hike in and  check
it out.

Charlie