[pct-l] Why Hike Solo

In a message dated 2/18/04 8:25:33 AM, StoneDancer1@aol.com writes:

<< Getting into town for resupply is an
adventure as well.  The town experience, at least to me, is magical because I
am
able to participate - observe and interact - in society without actually
being a part of it... an Alien from some star-distant civilization, as it
were...
an otherworld experience.   >>

Okay, we're not supposed to say "me too," but I had nearly identical thoughts
and feelings while on my thru hike. I was living on the trail, and I was a
tourist in the most ordinary of places: supermarkets, cafes, laundromats, post
offices, etc.
   David C