[pct-l] A Few Questions from an early starter...

Hello Folks,

As I get ready to start my thru-hike (early, on March 7!), I have a few questions that I have been unable to answer so far...  I was hoping that some of you can help me out.  Here they are:

1) Does anyone know how to contact trail angel Donna Shauffley, who (as I understand) is in Agua Dulce?

2) I have been told there is an empty trailer home just north of the I-10 crossing at San Gorgonio Pass in S. California that is open for hikers' use, but I would feel better if someone could explain to me exactly how to find this trailer...

3) As I mentioned, I will be starting from Campo on March 7 and hope to reach Tehachapi Pass by April 10 (see my web site--www.pctforpets.org--for a complete itinerary).  I was wondering if it's possible that any of the S. California water caches will be in place that early.  OR, if there are any trail angels out there listening who normally place these caches, perhaps you'd be willing to take a look at the itinerary on my web site and consider stashing some water out there for a man and his dog?  THANKS!

That's it for now.  I may have more last minute detail questions in the next few weeks, so you may hear from me again.  And also, I wanted to say thanks to ALL the folks on this list.  I have been passively gaining a great deal of knowledge and tips over the past few months just from reading the daily posts.  Sorry I won't be there for the Kick Off...

Take care,
J. Bradley Materick

J. Bradley Materick & Banner
PCT for Pets -- www.pctforpets.org