[pct-l] Sleeping Bags, Down vs Synthetic

I think this is a matter of being comfortable with one's skill level. A
friend of mine takes two raincoats hiking.  He has two sets of long
underwear.  His sleeping bag is always rated 20 degrees below what you would
expect in the summer in the rockies, sierra or cascades.

I used to worry about getting wet until I realized that I'm hyper conscious
and haven't been wet, even in the northwest during rainstorms, while
sleeping in 15 years.  That's not to say that the next trip I won't get wet.
However, I'm comfortable with a down blanket at 20 oz or so down to 20
degrees.  I trust my ability to not only survive but thrive...

Jeff Olson
Laramie, WY, where the snow is beginning...