Plutonium cells (was: [pct-l] ultralight solar cells)

Hi Tangent,

> I have enough guilt disposing of dead AAA alkaline batteries in towns not
> having safe disposal for traditional batteries. I can't imagine what I'd do
> with radioactive isotopes in Sierra City or Ollalie Lake.

If your plutonium battery runs out of power in the High Sierra you have
the option to resupply at Livermore taking a short hitch from Yosemite.
The friendly nuke scientist there would surely assist you. I know they
have plenty of spare fuel available. Further north in Washington you could
simply dump the battery somewhere near Hanford. Nobody would notice it. (I
know, this suggestion is a little against LNT, but it seems to work in
practice!)

Does anybody know of other public resupply points near the PCT? Or is it
neccessary to bounce spare batteries?

Ilja.