[pct-l] Thermo-lite reflective blanket

>> Rik's looking for a reflective shield to rest under during the day.  Do a
search on "adventure medical" and thermo-lite.  They make a 5 by 7 foot
reflective survival blanket that is much tougher than the 2 oz mylar
blankets, but lighter than the 12 oz space blankets.  They weigh 6.5 oz.
I've got a bivy bag they make of the same stuff, but a simple blanket would
be more useful.  It could be sun-shade, tarp tent, even a rain-jacket
wrapped around the shoulders.  REI doesn't stock it, but search the web.
It's about $10.  I could see hiking the PCT with nothing but if the weather
was generally good. <<

Not sure how I missed this thread the first time. I guess I've been a bit
busy lately. Anyway, if anyone is interested in reflective material, I've
got aluminized Tyvek. It runs in 5' widths by X feet. It's got an aluminum
coating over a Tyvek base. This makes the material stronger and more durable
than Mylar and much lighter than the heavier ground sheets. A 5 X 7 sheet
would weight in at around 6 oz.

If you're interested, you can find it on our website at
www.sixmoondesings.com.

-Ron