[pct-l] Sleeping Bag Liners

Hi Saskia!

Just back from an archaeological workcamp, were i slept a week in my
Squall-Tarptent

The temperatures in the last night fell to 4?C which is
39?F

I use an Ajungilak Kompact sleepingbag together with a coolmax liner and
I'm really happy with it.

The trick is: There are loops on the edge of the hood of the
sleepingbag, to attach a bivvy-sack (which i do when the weather is very
windy) outside of the sleepingbag. So I also fastened short ribbons on
my liner, so that i can fasten it (at last the top end) on the
sleepingbag.

With non-Ajungilaks one can easily do it with things out of the
sewing-box.

So at last the entrance of the liner has to stay, where it is fastened
and at last for me there is no "wraparound"

BTW size:
 - Yes, for me with 1,89m /6ft 2in the Squall is just enough room,
Virga would probably be too small

BTW rain:
 - We had several days of continuous rain :-( but with carefully
belaying the netting with stones (and/or shoes) and keeping it out of
the dripline was sufficient to keep all my cloth and gear dry on the
groundsheet

BTW some fun:
 My fellow colleagues at the excavation gave the tarptent the nickname
"negligee tent" because it looks so flimsy and fragile between the other
tents... but as my things stayed dry after wind and rain over several
days and when they realised, how simple it was to put from pack to
pitched they started to admire it as "hightech negligee tent"
 *LOL*
... and ... needles to say: I'm perfectly happy with my tarptent!

Regards
Ulrike

- Non-long-distance-hiker -

--
* NAMES: Ulrike Schepp                    COMMERCIALS: Schepp Softwaredesign
* EMAIL: schepp@dark.lahn.de (priv.)      schepp@schepp-softwaredesign.de