[pct-l] RecentTrip/Thanks

Hello,
Two weeks ago I did a post asking for help from this group in planning a
last minute trip to the Tahoe area. I believe the title of the post said
something like "Tahoe Advice Please", or "H E L P  PLEASE!"  <G>, or
something like that.
Many people replied with wonderful suggestions, and I just wanted to say
thanks. Bill Person from Pooh Corner wrote and invited me to visit with him
and Molly and I am so glad I accepted! I was with them the two weekends
which bracketed a 5-day 4-night trip into Desolation Wilderness. As I was
exhausted from work and life, I took my time, base camping at Tamarak Lake
and then Aloha Lake and did day hikes. It was a delightful sojurn, even with
dodging mosquitoes.  One of the most rewarding parts of the time in Truckee
was the chance to visit with PCT thru-hikers. I have never met a more
interesting, on the whole, group of people. I became especially fond of
several of them. If anyone finds out what happened to Turtle's feet, please
let me know. I provided him with an extra set of insoles I happened to have
with me. I hope they helped, and that he was able to stay on the trail.

Bill and Molly do an amazing thing at Pooh Corner, opening their home on
beautiful Donner Lake to complete strangers, out of sheer kindness. I truly
don't know how they do it! Dozens of thru-hikers, section hikers, their
loved ones,  along with will-bees like myself, owe them a huge THANKS.

My trip provided me with exactly the kind of break I needed to face the
challenges waiting for me back home. Thanks to this list for getting me in
touch with so many wonderful people!  MARSANNE (Firefly)