[pct-l] PCT Alternate Routes

--
In a message dated 4/28/2003 5:25:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
john@frozenpoodle.com writes:

> Here's my two cents on Alternate Routes on the PCT:
> If the real PCT takes a route because horses can not take a different
> route, it doesn't compromise the integrity of a thru-hike for a hiker to
> take the alternate route.

Hogwash! : )

As long you're hiking what difference does it make?  I feel the PCT, or any
other long trail, is the hub so to speak and any route that gets you from A
to B is ok with me.

The guidebooks have numerous alternates and all are valid.  Wait until you
get on the CDT, you'll know just what I mean.

Sly