[pct-l] A Quirky El Nino/No Hike/Transcriber

I'm forwarding the below link from NASA Science News.
Very interesting about this year's El Nino.  Bald
Eagle and I will not be able to thru-hike this year,
but will try again next year (not due to weather!).
It's disappointing.  However, more savings and better
timing all the way around will hopefully reward the
wait.  Thanks to all on the list for helping us
prepare this year...we'll carry it on to next year's
hike.

All is not lost: planning a week in the southern AT
balds and a thruhike of the Colorado Trail in
July/August.

If any '03 thru-hiker needs an online journal
transcriber, I'm interested!

> >  NASA Science News for March 14, 2003
> >
> > The ongoing El Nino climate disturbance has a
> > unusual personality.  It's
> > weak where it should be strong, warm where it
should

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/14mar_elnino2002.htm?list678093