[pct-l] Fixing your feet

--
I'd like to say that John's book "Fixing Your Feet" is excellent and easily=
 worth every cent. Every person who walks should have a copy.
It's invaluable. It belongs in your library!

Just the stuff on blister prevention and treatments alone could save a long=
 hike.

Also, I mentioned this last fall, but for all the newcomers, I used a separ=
ate mosquito net and a tarp on my PCT thruhike last year. The advantage was=
 that I was able to use my net without the tarp on more than two dozen occa=
sions when skies were clear and I wanted to see the stars. It was big enoug=
h for all of my gear inside with me, and I could sit up in it. I was easily=
 able to cook with my stove just outside.

It was 100% mosquito proof and highly ant resistant.

Also, I used a Golite Bark jacket and Trunk Shell pants, which are extremel=
y lightweight and mosquito proof as well, at least for the body parts cover=
ed. If it's warm out these garments are comfortable. Goop up your paws and =
net your melon and you're set. Of course it would have been an easy matter =
to set up the net at lunchtime, but I never felt like I needed to.

It also works under my Golite tarp, which I only had to use a few times. If=
 there are no bugs but clouds then the tarp goes up without the net. The ne=
t only weighs 5 ounces, the tarp 12. The vast majority of nights I only use=
d a Tyvek sheet to sleep on. Perfect for a solo thruhiker.

This combo let me be very versatile and it was light and very easy to use. =
Baja Dave also used the same setup.

The net was the Mombassa Trekker (or Trakker, I forget) available for about=
 $30 at REI or Campmor.