[pct-l] tarp on JMT and mosquitoes

Hi,

We are planning on using the Henry Shires' tarptent. It does have
mosquitoe netting, but I presume it is nog 100% bugproof... We have had
some very bad bug days in Oregon, e.g. at Sister's Mirror Lake, where
we did not dare go out the tent. It sounded like a F1 racing circuit
out there. We had a lot of practice swatting each other and waving
towels while the other was squatting... The only time we have seen
worse was in the Scottish Highlands and in the Swedish/Norwegian
Sylarna area.

Good advice about going in August, although I guess it is also the
busiest month.

Thanks everyone!

Saskia
---