[pct-l] "points to ponder"

In a message dated 1/20/03 1:30:57 PM, bnyblade@ucsd.edu writes:

<<  There are thru-hikers in the past who have reached Manning and

resupplied and turned around because the experience is so incredible for

them that they don't want it to end. >>

That would be me. I really wanted to just keep on going, but ---- Oh well,
the feeling of complete freedom after three moons on the trail with 3 to go
was worth it all. Sure I had bad days when I was tired of some uphill stretch
and cursed the trail.  (I did 16- 20 mile days) I finally learned to stop
listening to that idiot inside me who kept asking why I was doing this. I
simply told him to just shut up and go along for the ride because I was sick
of listening to him whine.
 Is why really important? After all many people finish for many different
reasons. Just say it's for the adventure and nothing more
  Section hiking vs. thru hiking -- you just get more of a feeling of
adventure than a vacation because of the continuity of a thru hike. It
becomes a seemingly endless vacation  -- and not everybody gets blisters!