[pct-l] Itty-bitty trip report-in section C

We took a short training hike today on section C-17, from Cajon Pass
southbound to the 3N22 road crossing and back again. This area burned
last year, but the chapparal, yucca and beavertail cactus are sprouting
from the roots, and there is a misty haze of short green stuff covering
the damp ground.  Water  is running in Crowder Canyon. SOme of the trail
tread is burined in sandslides (it is hard to put a trail in a dune) and
we noticed a retaining wall built of railroad ties--it is mostly gone
because the ties burned in the fire.   We encountered about ten day
hikers, and kicked four motorcyclists  off the trail.  They might have
buzzed by us if we were merely hikers, but they seemed a bit in awe of
our three llamas, and they turned around and headed up a dirt road at
our request. We found more motorcycle tracks on the trail further in.
We spotted a fellow in full pack sitting near McDonalds writing in a
journal.  Probably a section hiker.  The weather here in the high desert
has been outstanding for about ten days in a row-  65 degrees every
day.   A great day for hiking.  The fruit trees are blossoming and the
deciduous trees are leafing out all over So. Cal and my garden is full
of 6 inch tall daffodil spikes.  Someone forgot to tell the plants that
it is only January.
Marion Davison  "llamalady"