[pct-l] Bear Can,Insects, Silk

--
  Answer to question.

> Can the Garcia by cut in half and then somehow the lid be rejoined to the
> can?  Also, the canister would have to have a new round "bottom" put on.
> Should be doable somehow.

How wide is a bear mouth. Maybe if it is made small enough he can swallow it
whole.

On the subject of insects I spray the boarder of my tarp with deet. Result no
crawing insects on me.Usually I use my tarp in dry weather as a ground cloth,
also to spread my gear out on.

If you buy silk Cocoon Silk covers or silk tops and bottoms and want them to
last always put it a net bag when washing. I checked Permanent Warer-Guard
label and silk is not on it for water repellent.

Lonetrail