From: DavidW6585@cs.com [mailto:DavidW6585@cs.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 10:16 AM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Are dogs alowed on the trail?

I'm planning on hiking the pct this next summer and was wondering if I could

take a dog the whole way. The first half will be done in 2003 and the second

in 2004. It was suggested that I take our dog to possibly prevent against
cougars ... and also to get her in better shape. I was wondering if it was
either legal or plausible. I could also use any links to sites for dog
packs,
gear...
      Thanks,
       David