[pct-l] Accessing the PCT

Paul,

I'm kinda in the same position as you.  You need to find some fellow section
hikers and then arrange for mutual transportation.  Some of the people on
this list are VERY helpful in this regard.  If you are down towards the
southern end (Los Angeles or San Diego), I would gladly hook up with you for
transportation exchange, and hopefully a hike or two.  I'm hiking the
Scissors Crossing to Barrel Springs section soon.

As far as  doing 15-20 mile sections - ABSOLUTLY... Lots of them.  That's
what I have been doing so far.  I can't take 6 months off from work, so i
hike small sections (10-20) at a time.

Check out the web page, in need of updating
http://crazy_old_scout.tripod.com

Ben

Fellow Hikers:

I'm interested in hiking on the PCT for the first time.  I'd like to =
know where I can find information about places to access the trail for a =
one-day hike.  Either towns or trailheads where I can be dropped off and =
then picked up without having to double-back on the trail.  Are there =
any 15-20 mile sections that are possible to do in one day in this =
manner?  I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area and so would be interested =
in such a section within a few hours drive.

Sincerely,

Paul Ferreira