From: HungryHowie [mailto:howie@jschool.troyst.edu]
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 1:14 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Tom vs. the bears

Tom,

At the kick off, you clearly explained the areas where PCT hikers need
to carry canisters and/or use bear boxes. Can you run through that one
more time for me please?

I remember you saying that the law doesn't require hikers using the PCT
to use canisters until north of VVR. Is this correct?

Many thanks...Howie