[pct-l] 4th ADZPCTKO

In a message dated 4/30/02 6:21:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Bighummel@aol.com writes:

> Special recognition of Charlie Jone's efforts must be made known.   He has
> directed and executed the initial stashing of 68 (!) gallons of water on
> top
> of the San Felipe Hills.  This is done by hiking the water in!  The access
> the stash site is a mile from the trail but several hundred feet of
> elevation
> below. 3 gallons are put in a backpack and a gallon in each hand (calculate
> 5
> gallons x 8 lbs./gallon = 40 pounds).  68 divided by 5 is 14 trips.  He was
>
> helped by several members of the Sierra Club who carried much of the water
> the edge of the steeper part.  Charlie did the rest.  Yesterday he
> re-stocked
> the stash with ten more gallons and picked up the empties and carried them
> out.  I hope those that use this water will read this and understand just
> what it takes to provide that water.

Greg,

You gave me way too much credit here.

<< He was helped by several members of the Sierra Club who carried much of
the water to the edge of the steeper part.  Charlie did the rest.  >>

Let me set the record straight ...

I WAS helped by several members of the Sierra Club, but most of those carried
their water load all the way to the water cache by the 3rd gate. I definitely
did NOT "do the rest."

Damn, there goes my Superman reputation (but, maybe I'll get my friends
back).

The 8-person "TEAM" deserves the credit.

Thanks, guys and gals,
Charlie

multipart/alternative
  text/html