[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[pct-l] Intro & questions
- Subject: [pct-l] Intro & questions
- From: email@example.com (Pete Stone)
- Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 14:32:02 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks. Found out about this list over at BackpackingLight and thought
it would be a great list to get info from.
My names Pete, I live in Vancouver Canada and do lots of day hiking and
weekend trips around here including many in Manning Park.
A friend and I are planning to do the Washington section of the PCT
starting the second week in August.
I have a few questions that I hope some of you could answer.
1. What are the lowest temperatures I should plan for (mostly thinking
sleeping bag warmth)?
2. Should I plan on bringing an ice axe (is it necessary so late in the
season). Some people are telling me yes and others say I would'nt need
3. We are planning on going north-south and wondering how well the trail
is marked at trail intersections (we have the guide book with trail
description going south - north and can probably just work it backwords
but I can see myself getting screwed up that way)?
Thanks in advance and good luck to all the through hikers setting out